This weekend we decided to take off ( as if we haven't done enough of that lately) and go to Ouray. It isn't too far which is nice. We had lots of fun. We visited some of the quaint little shops in town, went to a little restaurant, and got ice cream of course.
We stayed in a cabin that night. It beat the tent this time of year and the kids loved it. We were still able to have a fire and roast smores outside of it. When we got up in the morning the lady running the office asked us if we had heard the visitor. I guess there had been a bear in the camp, into the dumpster, and even dropped something off not far from our cabin. He was probably looking for some left over smores.
We got up and went on a hike and then went to the hot pools. We had a great time. I didn't get any pictures of us at the hot pools unfortunately, but I am sure that we will be back again, maybe even to ice climb, which I am way excited for!!
I love it how every time we do anything like this, which has been a lot lately, Kota says "this is the best day ever!!!" It just means that she is having a lot of good memories and good times growing up. Right?! There is nothing better than family.
5 comments:
Layne and I got to spend a day in Ouray the summer before we were married. We went with my family. It was such a beautiful place and we had a great time. I am glad you got a chance to go!
I knew your husband from a ward in BYU. I also grew up in Montrose, CO, so it's fun for me to see that you guys went to Ouray. What a small world. I tried to friend Darrick via facebook, but I heard he's terrible about staying in touch--so tell him I said hello. Your family is darling. I hope you're prepared for those Gunnison winters--my cousins grew up there and we visited them and it was 30 below sometimes. Yikes!
I can't believe how much Oakley in the header picture looks like Darrick when he was little. What a cutie. You too, Camden and Kota. See you next week.
LOOKS LIKE ALL IS GOING WELL. LONG TIME NO TALK. YOUR GIRLS ARE GETTING SO BIG AND THEY ARE SO STINKING ADORABLE. HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL AND YOU ARE STILL LOVING CO! TAKE CARE!
Hey Camille...love the main pic. How do you get a pic. on top of the blog? signed...confused!
Post a Comment