We have found a new hobby. This is a big fishing area, so we decided to give it a try. The rec center in town was doing a fishing derby for all of the kids. The day before we went and got poles, worms, and headed off to the small lake to try it out. I have to admit, I was not in the mood to go at all. I had so many things to do around the house and felt like I was so far behind on everything. I was a little upset, until Kota caught a fish. We hadn't been there long at all. It was so cute she reeled it in by herself too. That made the whole fishing trip worth it for me. It was so cute. We forgot the camera, luckily we only live a couple of blocks away and I ran home to get it. When I got back Kota wouldn't get near the fish, not even for a picture.

The next day was the derby. We didn't catch anything. The pond was surrounded by kids. They had a lot of fun things to do there. The girls got to shoot bow and arrows. Camden got to shoot in a simulation thing and actually shot a few elk. Smokey the bear came. There were a lot of other great things to do as well. They sure did a great job with it.


Later that night we decided to go fishing again. We wanted to try another pond here in town. We pulled up, got out our Barbie and Princess fishing poles and went to it. Six casts and six fish later, we were pleased with the results. There was a man there with his granddaughter. They said they had been there for 2 hours and had caught 2 fish. We caught a few of ours deep and had to take them. We gave a couple to him, let a couple go and brought a couple home. The man said to us, "People might laugh at you for using those worms and poles, but hey I'm not laughing. You've made a believer out of me." Pretty fun. We have since had some more luck out there fishing. I think that it is going to be a regular occurrence.
2 comments:
This reminds if of when I was a kid. There was a pond by our house where we used to go fishing, but it only had big Goldfish in it. I have no idea why there were Goldfish in the pond but we caught some big ones.
Looks like my nieces have a gift. Six fish in six casts. That has to be some kind of record. Keep up the good work girls. You made me want to go fishing again.
Post a Comment