We finally broke down and bought a trampoline. We have wanted one for sometime, but haven't had a yard or place for it really. Well we do here. Darrick did all kinds of research on the best trampolines. He checked out consumer reports, watched a bunch of YouTube trampoline videos, etc. We were trying to find the best one that the kids would be safe on. Well we looked and looked and finally I just went to Wally World and got an inexpensive one. They are little. Right!?And it still had the net. They have loved it! They have been out on it at least an hour a day since, sometimes the whole day. We felt like it was a great purchase.
Well last night I was sitting in bed reading and I kept hearing something outside the window, so I went out to check and see what it was. The Trampoline was gone! Was I imagining this? So I got Darrick and we went out with flashlights to check things out? Would someone have stolen it? Surely not in this neighborhood. There is a big pond behind a few houses down that has gotten pretty deep this time of year. I went down to walk around it and sure enough. I found a piece of the trampoline. I thought for sure our tramp was down in the bottom of the pond. The winds here pick up in the afternoon and evenings during the spring. A lady then came out of her house with a few of the pieces of our tramp. She said that the wind had gotten so bad it just blew by and that it was down behind a house a couple of doors down. We decided to wait until morning to find it. Sure enough. We found it this morning. We're not sure how salvageable it is at this point, yet we don't know if we want to put it up again until the winds die down. Thank goodness we got the least expensive trampoline, or this would even hurt a lot more! I am not excited about having to tell the girls about it. I guess that we all have a good lesson to learn. 
7 comments:
That same thing happened to my families trampoline they found it is the middle of the street completely mangled. Sorry hope your girls aren't to sad.
Sorry bout the trampoline. I have seriously considered getting one for myself. Last time we visited Kelly's parents I jumped on their trampoline for at least an hour a day. Their trampoline once ended up in the middle of a field after a big wind storm too.
How's the new place and practice?
Our first trampoline had the same experience but wasn't nearly as mangled as yours! Sad news!
I can't believe you live somewhere more windy than Iowa - how is that possible?!?!?! I hope the girls aren't too sad about their new toy being mangled!
So sad, that picture sums it up really! I keep missing you when I call. We're leaving again on a trip, so hopefully I'll catch you when I get back!
so sorry about the trampoline. We unlike others that have commented, have not had that problem. I think we are protected there in the court and now we do have sand bags just to make it not bounce. Finally is has sunk far enough into the ground. Many fun hours are had on the tramp. Hopefully you will be able to try again. Good luck. we love you all, Mom Z
That's what happened to Troy and Jenee's, so now they have it connected to their bigger one. Crazy. Maybe you could weight it down with sand bags or a chain or something. Good luck.
Post a Comment