Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I hate ticks!

I appoligize for the strong language, but this is one time when I think that the word is appropriate. We love Colorado, and our new area. It is amazing, despite the trampoline tradegdy (which we were able to salvage by the way). There are so many fun things to do around here, that we can be at in no time at all.

A couple of weeks ago some of our friends were here and we went hiking with them. Later that day, Darrick found a tick dining on his leg. This past weekend we were out doing some hiking. Friday after hiking we got in the car and I saw a tick on my leg. So we got out to check everyone and Darrick had one on his pants too. Luckily the kids were clean. Monday we went hiking with some friends. During the hike Darrick found a tick on him and later we found one on Oakley's sweatshirt. Yikes! Well we got home and checked everyone over extra good. This morning I got up to turn the sprinklers on and when I came in there was a tick on my sock. I don't know if I picked it up in the yard, or if it was there before. After that I was extra paranoid, and I decided to check all of the kids again. When I checked Kota, sure enough, a tick! Feasting along her hair line. Unfortunately Darrick had already left for work, so I had to take it out. I decided to take her and the tick in to be checked out just in case. I was able to get all of it out luckily and the doctor said that it is not the kind that carry Lyme disease. Thank Goodness! I think that we will just hang out indoors for the next little while until things dry up a bit. Ticks or not, we absolutely love it here! I just hope that I can stop itching and having the heeby jeebies sometime soon!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

i'm with you about the ticks, they are just so icky and annoying!

tori said...

That picture makes ticks so much more gross to me! I hope this trend doesn't continue!

tjayandjulie said...

Really? I didn't know they were a problem here. We haven't seen any. So fun that you got a trampoline, I'm sure the girls love it. Good to see that you are settled in the new place.