I love my girls tons and tons. They really are my everything. Sometimes I feel like I must be magnetic or something of the sort. For example...it's Sunday. Nothing's wrong with a Sunday nap. Right!? After church I got dinner ready and put in the oven. The girls were happy and content, Darrick was home, I thought why not lay down for a few minutes. I grab a blanket and snuggle up on the couch. Within the minute Dakota came over and asked to take a nap with me. My first thought was, No leave me alone for a minute. I said yes but you have to hold still. She laid down and within another minute or two Camden came over. She climbed right up and sat right on top of me. I thought Okay I can do this just ignore them and sleep, I'm not too uncomfortable. Within the next minute Oakley starts heading on over. I knew I was doomed then. (Let me just add Darrick had come over and snuggled down on the adjacent couch in the mean time.) Oakley stood by the side of the couch whining and trying to climb up for the next minute or so. I gave in and threw her up on top of me as well. She gave me this huge smile and was so excited, it made all of the hassle worth it. I then thought they were holding pretty still and being pretty good, I would again try to nap. Just then Camden and Oakley started fighting. Okay I was done. I decided it was time to get up. I moved over to the other couch and snuggled back behind Darrick. Within seconds all three girls were headed for me. Darrick tried to fend them off, but it didn't work. Once again it was me and the three girls on the couch. (Darrick moved over to the other couch.) I soon decided to get up for good. We went upstairs and got busy doing other things. The girls were playing the Children's Friend activities on the computer. (Which I absolutely love - great Sunday activities!) I thought I'll lay down with Oakley and get us both to sleep. We went in and tried, within 5 minutes Kota was back in the room. Needless to say I DID NOT GET A SUNDAY NAP! Enough of the rambling. I was hunted down at least 3 or 4 other times today after being gone for only a minute. The kids love their dad like crazy, but there must be something about mom. I love them to death and love spending almost every minute with them...could I please get a Sunday nap occasionally, or maybe even a potty break!
I thought that this whole thing was so funny that I better blog about it and save these memories. I'm sure it won't be long until my girls don't want a thing to do with me!
9 years ago
3 comments:
LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN STAYING BUSY. I AM SORRY ABOUT THE NAP THING, DON'T YOU JUST LOVE SUNDAY NAPS? I HOPE ALL IS WELL. WE MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU GUYS!
Camille,
Thanks for the Christmas card that you send us the other day. It has been fun to check your family out and see your darling girls. I totally understand the "Mom Magnet". I just have to tell myself sometimes that I can nap in 20-30 years. (Then I will wish that I had little ones hanging on me.) Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner. If you haven't read our blog in the last month. . . our house was robbed and we didn't have a computer for quite some time and we were busy trying to get our lives back in order.
Dear Sunday naps,
I miss you.
much love and longing,
Becky
I totally KNOW what you mean!
Post a Comment