Sunday, April 5, 2009

Our little Seamstress

Camden has been into sewing the past few months. For Christmas she made all of us fleece scarves that were so cute. She made every bit of them by herself. A couple of months ago she wanted to make a dress for her bunny. The bunny had supposedly just turned 8 and was getting ready to be baptized. I helped her cut the dress out (out of the only semi-white fabric that I had) and then she sewed it together all by herself. She even added the lace.

Yesterday during conference, we were in the study watching it on the Internet and she decided that she wanted to sew. I got her some fabric and a needle and thread and away she went. She found the dress that she wanted to use for a pattern, I helped her trace it. She then cut it out and sewed it together. The only help she needed was to thread the needle. It turned out cute. She tried it on and it was a little tight, so she decided that she would give it to Kota. Kota was thrilled. She put the dress on and didn't take it off for the rest of the day. She wanted to wear it to bed as well, I didn't want to fight so I agreed to that. I hope that she wakes up with it all in one piece.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Can we place our orders? What colors do you have? So cute. What a talented little girl. That is awesome that she can sew that well by hand. Keep up the good work!!

Ryan said...

Nice work Camden! That is the cutest dress I have seen in a long time. Keep up the good work.

Diana said...

You have a textile prodigy! Very impressive. She sews much better than I do, I don't know if I would even attempt a dress!

IRISH BERNT'S said...

adorable! she is talented for her age. i couldn't do that at 26. kids are just the cutest thing ever!